Thousands of hours of learning – with minimal staff effort!
Putteridge High School joined the Pilot of Your Favourite Teacher in 2018-2019 to
support students in English Language and Literature.
- YFT was primarily used for homework and revision.
- Specific YFT resources recommended to students for homework and revision
- YFT support at parent events to improve parental engagement
- Weekly league tables published to motivate students
- Holiday revision materials and booster sessions provided
Putteridge High School students celebrated a significant lift in results, with the school’s Progress 8 score rising from -0.1 to +0.11 – above the national average. Putteridge High School is now using Your Favourite Teacher with Year 10 and 11 students.
- English teachers review usage data weekly to reward and challenge students
- Focus group of underperforming students is tracked closely by relevant staff
- The students have earned more coins than any other school in the country, with more than 3,500 hours of revision in the first term of the year!
WHAT STAFF SAY
The range and type of resources in English is unlike any other platform. Creative, exciting and engaging for proactive revision and learning.
Nicola Hickton, Director of English and Associate Assistant Headteacher