Scan Listen Understand
- Product Type
- Membership type
BESA members go through a rigorous set of financial and reputational checks and agree to abide by our Code of Practice.
The DictionaryPen is a major technological breakthrough for anyone working or studying in a language. The embedded camera and OCR technology enables lookup or translation of words without the need for a single click or even an internet connection. Simply pass the nib across a word and it instantly displays the definition and reads the word.
The device hosts nine (9) OXFORD Academic and English Language Teaching (ELT) dictionaries supporting six different languages including English. It’s a totally portable, pocket-sized device that pronounces the looked up word with a natural speaking text to speech voice.
It’s also a scanner for capturing lines of text and uploading to a PC, Mac or Linux computer, making it ideal for students, teachers and professionals to capture essential information.
There is no software required to upload the text, just plug and scan.
Other features include a built-in voice recorder with playback.
- Look up/translate words in dictionary in six different languages
- Listen to single words being pronounced by natural speaking TTS
- Highlight/store text in internal memory (2+ GB storage/thousands of pages)
- Connect to Windows/MAC/Linux and upload text files (no software required)
- Scan directly to text cursor on a Windows/MAC/Linux computer (no software required)
- Record and play back voice memos
- Free upgrades
- £200 one-off cost
A box of 10 pens can be purchased at £1900 with an additional protective case.
- Trial Options
- 1 month