Acceptable Use Policy
THE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
It is important to us as the British Educational Suppliers Association (“BESA”) as providers of the LendEd website that you have the best possible experience while using this site. To ensure this, as well as ensuring that we comply with relevant data protection policies (including GDPR) we have set out in this Policy how we, at BESA, expect you to use the website to which you have access and where you will be able to interact with other participants who are also trialling products offered through LendED. We are committed to ensuring that the experience you and other participants have with LendED is the best possible and free from risks of any nature to you and other participants together with the organisations whose products are offered for trial through this website.
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THE POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING TO ACCESS THIS SITE.
This Policy sets out the content standards and expectations we have relating to the way you interact with the site that you have access to for purposes including uploading content to our site, making contact (where expressly permitted) with other users on our site, linking to our site, or interacting with our site in any other way. Please note that forum contributions are moderated before publication and may be rejected without notice to you and can be withdrawn subsequently at our discretion and without notice to you.
Who we are and how to contact us
LendED is operated as an initiative of the British Educational Suppliers Association or BESA (“We”). We are a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 01097059). Our registered address is 20 Beaufort Court, Admirals Way, London, E14 9XL. Our VAT number is 234253780.
We are a company limited by guarantee.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to access the LendEd Website
If you are a BESA member who has registered your interest in offering a Product through LendED, you should follow the instructions included within the terms and conditions for participation as a supplier.
If you are interested in accessing the site by reason of you being school leader, other member of management or teacher/teaching assistant you should register with the site noting the privacy arrangements that we draw attention to.
This Acceptable Use Policy is relevant to you particularly as a participant in any forum that we provide. The policy governs the posting of material and other interactions you may wish to have with the website.
By using our site you confirm the following:-
That you are willing to comply in all respects with the terms of this Policy and that you have familiarised yourself with the detail of the Policy.
If you do not agree to work within the Policy, you must refrain from using your access rights for any purpose that is covered by this Policy.
We may make changes to the terms of this Policy
From time to time, we may amend the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. If you have signed up to receive our newsletters you shall receive notification of such changes. If you have not signed up to receive our newsletters, every time you wish to use our site please check these terms to establish when they were last updated and to ensure that you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may not use our site:-
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm young and/or vulnerable persons in any way;
- In any way which infringes any copyright, database rights, trademarks or other intellectual property;
- Without the express agreement in writing of BESA, to advertise or promote any services or other sites – references to products other than those offered through this site must be bona fide references offered by you for the purpose of comparison and must not represent a promotion of the other product;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect or compromise in any other way the operation of any computer software, hardware or networked system.
- For the purpose of creating, transmitting or displaying illegal, offensive or harmful material, including but not limited to material which you upload to our site which, on the determination of BESA:-
- Is defamatory of any person;
- Is obscene, hateful or inflammatory;
- Infringes any Government or other regulatory guidance or policies that are applicable to our business or to education and institutions providing education generally;
- Is sexually explicit or promotes sexually explicit material;
- Promotes violence;
- Promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Incites or contributes in any way to any unlawful, criminal or terrorist act or assists any party to commit the same;
- Is likely to deceive any person;
- Invades another’s privacy, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Is inaccurate (where it states facts) or is not genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- Breaches any legal duty owed to a third party, such as an enforceable promise or undertaking to do or not do something ;
- Impersonates any person or organisation, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- Gives the impression that the contribution emanates from BESA, when this is not the case.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Breach of this Policy
When we consider that a breach of this Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. This could include:-
- Considering the breach to be a breach of the terms under which you are entitled to access LendEd;
- Notification of the organisation that your access has provided by or facilitated by or any third party including police, safeguarding and anti-terrorism organisations of the circumstances;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any material uploaded by you to our site;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you; or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with this Agreement.