What personal information we collect
Depending on how you use our services and the LendED website, we might collect the following information about you:
- Your name – The purpose of this is to maintain a record of you as a participant on the LendED website.
- Email address – The purpose of this is to ensure that your entitlement to access services can be properly validated.
- Job title – The purpose of this is to ensure that users hold an appropriate authority to request a free trial, arrange a Catch-up Challenge free support session, and to subsequently confirm any purchase of that product that arises.
- Your school – The purpose of this is to verify that you are entitled to take advantage of any free trial or Catch-up Challenge support session that may be available to schools.
What we will do with your information
The information collected from you may be used for the following purposes:
- to pass on to a supplier whose products you express interest in. The supplier will receive that information and communicate with you, becoming Data Controller in relation to the information we pass on. You should check the Privacy Notice of that supplier to understand the way in which it then holds and uses your information;
- to email you with acknowledgement of your registration;
- to provide you with administrative support;
- where you have consented, to provide you with access to any forum that we develop for the purpose of you and others providing feedback on products you have trialled;
- to provide you with newsletters and other updates concerning LendED or the Catch-up Challenge school support campaign; and
- in relation to information you provide concerning your job title and your school, for statistical purposes, (which will be conducted anonymously).
The basis upon which we process your personal data is based where appropriate under the consent you provide to us and in exercise of our legitimate interests. Exceptionally we may be required to process your personal data under a legal direction that we are required to comply with.
How long do we hold your information?
For so long as you have an interest in trialling products or arranging a Catch-up Challenge free support session your information will be held by us in order to facilitate your personal details being provided to Suppliers as you require. Information will not be provided to any Supplier without you having initiated the interaction.
Likewise, for as long as you have access to any forum that we provide (whether you participate or not) and/or wish to receive newsletters for so long as you permit this your information will be retained.
You have the option, as explained below, to require the removal of your personal data from LendED at any time and we will generally comply with your request promptly, but this is subject to our right to retain the information for the purpose of dealing with any disputes or complying with any legal obligation that is imposed upon us, for so long as the circumstances require that.
How we protect your information
BESA will for the purpose of hosting LendED use Every City Limited (Company number: 05689474) as an external host to manage information.
Customer data is stored on the MySQL database which is stored on EveryCity cloud.
Backup and Retention
Hourly backups for the last 24 hours are retained on site. Three daily backups (snapshots taken at midnight) are also kept on site. Nightly backups for the last 14 days are shipped offsite. The current backup retention period is 14 days.
Offsite backups are stored on Telehouse North 2 (THN2) datacentre located in Poplar, London.
Your rights relating to your personal data
We ask you from time to time to check the personal data we hold is up to date and ask you to provide amendments to that information where appropriate. You can provide us with updates of this kind at any time and these will be actioned immediately, subject to any verification that we may require to establish that the information provided is authentic.
In relation to any of the consents that you have provided you may withdraw that consent at any time and we explain on our website how you may do that.
Unsubscribe information is also provided in any emails that we send you from LendED.
You may also write to us at the following address: 81 Rivington Street, London EC2A 3AY.
Links to other websites
You have rights under Data Protection Law in relation to your personal data. These include the following rights:
- the right to request access to your personal data;
- the right to request correction of your personal data;
- the right to request erasure of your personal data;
- the right to object to processing of your personal data;
- the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- the right to request the transfer of your personal data; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
You can find out more about your rights at the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above relating to personal data you believe is held by this company, please contact us in the following way: [email protected] .
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request, to allow us to deal effectively with that request.
We are required to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer that one month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you wish to complain
If you do have concerns about the way LendED handles your personal data, please do contact us at [email protected] . We will take any concerns you have seriously.
In the alternative you are entitled to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office and we provide the contact details below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
We are required to advise you that our VAT number is 234253780