- Membership type
BESA members go through a rigorous set of financial and reputational checks and agree to abide by our Code of Practice.
Discovery Education Coding provides complete support for teaching coding in primary schools. Students will gain a secure understanding of coding concepts like algorithms, sequences and variables, as well as developing computational thinking skills through decomposition, logical reasoning and problem solving. And best of all: students and teachers alike will be able to demonstrate their creativity by creating their own apps and sharing them with their classmates and colleagues!
Coding accounts for half of the Computing programme of study. Discovery Education Coding provides complete support for teaching coding in primary schools. The service includes:
- Over 100 step-by-step lessons with introductory videos.
- Teacher resources and comprehensive lesson plans for Block coding, Python and HTML.
- Free code lessons and open-ended challenges.
- Debugging lessons to help pupils problem solve.
- A personal school web page to showcase pupils’ Block coding apps.
- iPad-friendly activities.
- £200 per annum
A subscription is based on the number of pupils on your school roll. Annual charges are based on the following price bands:
Under 100: £200
- Trial Options
- Other durationSample lesson units available on Discovery Education website
Feel free to try some of the sample lessons from the block coding area. Take your time exploring the selection of free resources and sample lesson plans available.
Simon Haughton, Computing Lead at Parkfield Primary School in Rochdale, shares his experience of teaching with Discovery Education Coding.
Hannah Tudor, Headteacher of St Mary of Charity Primary School in Kent, shares her experience of teaching with Discovery Education Coding.