The Shanghai Maths Project
Help every child achieve mastery in maths
- Product Type
The Shanghai Maths Project is a collaboration between Collins and East China Normal University Press Ltd. to adapt their bestselling maths programme One Lesson, One Exercise for England, using an expert team of authors and reviewers. This carefully crafted programme has been continually refined over 24 years, meaning that the materials have been tried and tested by teachers and children alike.
The Shanghai method of teaching is a whole-class approach that builds thorough understanding, develops higher-order thinking and is supported by the use of high-quality textbooks. The Shanghai pedagogy is based on:
- A step-by-step approach that emphasises the development of basic knowledge, skills and thorough mastery of concepts
- Whole-class teaching where teachers reinforce that every pupil can achieve a high standard in maths
- Skillful questioning within lessons to promote conceptual understanding; problems are used as a starting point for teaching
- Identifying and rapidly acting on misconceptions which arise through same-day intervention
- Understanding promoted through a variety of representations
Our innovative online learning platform, Collins Connect, supports teachers and pupils by providing a wealth of content and digital resources including flexible planning and record-keeping tools to ensure coverage of the National Curriculum. The PDF and editable word versions of the Teacher’s Guides and Homework Guides provide flexibility allowing you to tailor resources to suit your pupils’ needs. The editable slideshows, maths tools, resource sheets and images are also ideal for front-of-class teaching.
- £150 per annum
1 year subscription to The Shanghai Maths Project on Collins Connect – £150 + VAT per year group
- Trial Options
- 14 days
Start a free 14-day trial of The Shanghai Maths Project on Collins Connect today.
Sign up for latest updates
RT APPG on Education Technology @edtechappg: What worked during lockdown?
Please let us know which remote learning technologies and practices proved effective… https://t.co/vDUuVFBGS2