School closure: free FULL access to Sumdog to aid home learning.
- Product Type
School closure: free FULL access to Sumdog to aid home learning. Whether your school closes for a month or much longer, as a social business it’s our mission to support the ongoing education of children, so we are offering:
– Free access to all of Sumdog Maths, Spelling and Grammar for the duration of your closure (up until the start of the summer holidays)
– Online video guidance to support home learning
– Daily 15 minute teacher webinars and telephone support
Sumdog is an online practice tool which uses games-based learning to build maths fluency. A recent study actually found that using Sumdog for 30 minutes a week almost doubled children’s fluency progress. It encourages regular practice, high accuracy and quick mental maths, using positive reinforcement to ensure pupils stay on task, learn more effectively, and are invested in their own success.
It is free to join, with optional subscriptions unlocking additional functionality and extra games. Free accounts give access to 6 of the most popular games, with the diagnostic test and adaptive learning engine together ensuring pupils work at an appropriate level, progressing through the national curriculum for KS1-3.
Prepare for the MTC with Sumdog Tables
New for 2020 is Sumdog Tables, an area dedicated to helping you prepare your class for the Multiplication Tables Check (MTC) in June. Encourage your pupils to build their tables fluency through a mixture of child directed play, tables challenges and – coming soon – our very own MTC practice test.
Incorporate Sumdog into your teaching today
Built on continued educational research, and in partnership with teachers, Sumdog is loved by millions of children across the UK, motivating and building confidence, while helping teachers to deliver mastery learning.
Step back as your pupils work independently at the level and pace that is right for them, only moving on to new skills when they are ready, having achieved a rolling accuracy of 80%.
Reinforce your teaching and assign targeted practice for groups or individuals, either within game play, or as an online assessment. Either way, Sumdog will mark it for you.
View progress, usage and performance reports for each pupil to inform your teaching, making it easy to identify problem areas and set custom benchmarks for your class.
- £3 per pupil
- Trial Options
- Other durationSumdog is free to sign up
- 6 fun and engaging single and multi-player games
- Assessment to place students at their correct individual level
- Personalised practice – questions adapt to each individual so pupils can learn at their own pace
- Encourage multiplication tables fluency – set work and view reports on accuracy and speed
- Skills aligned to the National Curriculum
Director of Academy Effectiveness, Jo Quince, talks about how Sumdog has become an integral part of their maths practice.
Sign up for latest updates
check it out in our new issu… https://t.co/CQJbzoaS6x