Britannica Digital Learning
Britannica School is a safe, citable, online learning resource trusted by teachers and pupils.
- Product Type
The information in Britannica School is curriculum-aligned, updated daily and spans a range of media, including video, images and audio content. Curated and checked by professional editors, it is the must-have learning and teaching digital resource where resources can be collated and shared to support home learning.
With the ability to browse by subject, look for biographies, explore the World Atlas, compare statistical information between different countries and discover interactive resources, Britannica School makes digital learning more accessible than ever.
The breadth of resources available means that whether a school has a diverse catchment, mixed-ability classes or encourages project-based learning, teachers can easily cater for different needs.
- £679 per annum
£679 for a Primary/Preparatory School licence
£1,145 for a Secondary School licence
*Prices include 3 CPD sessions
- Trial Options
- 1 month
- 30 days
Longer trials may be arranged on request. We can also provide an online demonstration of the Britannica School service to help you fully explore everything it has to offer.
- QHow does Britannica School relate to my curriculum?
- ABritannica School is a cross-curricular resource that supports learning across all subject areas. Britannica School is excellent for differentiated learning and is aimed at raising academic achievement. The resource also helps to promote literacy across the curriculum and content pieces can be used both inside the classroom and for homework tasks or research reports.
- QHow does Britannica School support pupils/parents for whom English is an additional language?
- ABritannica School takes advantage of the translation facilities provided by Google. Integration of the translate feature allows us to translate articles into all languages that the Google-translate tool supports. Each article also contains read-aloud functionality as well as an on-demand dictionary. Britannica School also provides three reading levels so each user can find the content that suits their needs and abilities.
- QWho has access to Britannica School?
- AA subscription includes use for all students and all teaching staff in school, from home and on any device.
- QHow can we integrate Britannica School?
- AAccess to Britannica School does not require individual login IDs or passwords. There are a range of authentication options. We work with most LMS and VLE systems and also provide access through IP authentication and URL referral. Britannica will work with your school to provide remote access, helping to promote parental engagement.
- QCan I copy or reuse content in my own work?
- AAll Britannica content is royalty-free and cleared for copyright on the condition that it is being used for an educational, non-commercial purpose. You may not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, service mark or other legends or proprietary notices.
Sign up for latest updates
What do education sector journalists want? Hear why you should attend the upcoming webinar with Education PR… https://t.co/NKdEO8Y5Uf
Join Ofsted HMI Inspector Sandra Hayes for an update on the Ofsted inspection framework. She will be breaking down… https://t.co/EFR0xLLm7I