Dot Com Digital
Empowering children to develop confidence and make safe choices
- Product Type
Dot Com Digital provides a unique safeguarding programme that supports children’s personal development and offers a safe environment for them to learn the skills to lead a safe and happy life.
The aims of the programme and how it supports children and schools
Created by Sharon Doughty, a former news presenter and crime reporter who was herself the victim of violence and abuse. The programme aims to:
- Fulfil the primary age 2020 RSE Statutory framework and cited in the DFE guidance for teaching online safety in school.
- Educate children to help prevent them becoming victims of crime themselves by exploring digital threats including online grooming, radicalisation, exploitation, bullying and more.
- Identify children who may be at risk of threats with help from the ‘Dot Minute’ feature, where children can request time with their teacher to discuss any worries or concerns.
- Provides a mechanism for working with external agencies such as social services, emergency services and third sector organisations.
- £0 one-off cost
What’s covered in Dot Com Digital
The free version will include five themes, including: Feeling Safe, Recognising Personal Warning Signs, Grooming, Knife Crime and County Lines. There’s no limit for schools to use this resource, and it’ll be updated to reflect current issues reported by children and the police.
Schools will be able to choose to upgrade to a paid digital licence once available. It will house over 24 themes which will enable a school to fulfil a rich PSHE curriculum across all years including flexibility of teaching and will have additional enhanced features.
- Trial Options
- Other durationNo trial - Free sign up