The best-selling modern resource for primary music teaching and learning inc full COVID support
- Product Type
Over 45,000 teachers use Charanga’s online platform to help them teach music – our Musical School programme being the curriculum of choice for over 53% of UK primary schools. The award-winning programme is multifaceted, complete with a model music curriculum – a Scheme of Work – with week-by-week lessons for each year group in the school from ages 5–11.
There is also a new Adapted for COVID Scheme offering an alternative to the standard Scheme if you have concerns about teaching safely; new written guidance drawing together current advice; and free webinars to help you with safe teaching practice, deciphering blended/hybrid/home learning, and helping children catch up.
Musical School houses a vast library of resources, enabling specialist and non-specialist teachers to provide exciting, personalised and inclusive music learning for all children containing:
- Yumu – a secure means of supporting students’ music-making and learning between lessons and outside the classroom. Teachers can use Yumu to set their students assignments containing their own favourite resources, exercises and pieces, or Charanga’s. Pupils can also access a range of ready-made Yumu Packages to help grow their interest in specific areas of learning or musical activity.
- Songs – a bank of over 500 songs for all occasions, all ages and for all groupings from soloists to massed choirs covering a wide range of styles, cultures and purposes.
- Topics – collections of songs or related resources linked to popular primary themes such as Ancient Egypt, Minibeasts and Healthy Living. The topics have been divided into age range based on the content but many can be used across the primary sector.
- Creative apps – a set of interactive apps to deepen musical knowledge and understanding, to enhance music-making and to support children with the development of their original ideas and musical decision making.
- instrument courses – resources for popular classroom instruments, such as recorders and guitars. All are designed to extend learning and can be used as part of the music curriculum or as enrichment activities.
- Musical productions – full-school musical productions can be used to celebrate key points in the school year, such as summer or winter time, or festivals like Harvest, Diwali and Christmas. Each production provides everything you need including tracks for learning the songs, backing tracks for the performance, scripts, scores and director guides.
- SEND support – a dedicated section designed to support teachers working with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, containing a SEND Scheme of Work, a library of bringing lighter bespoke versions of the most popular Charanga resources, and a set of iPad projects to inspire and nurture school-aged composers, improvisers and performers.
- £295 per annum
Musical School is priced per school, per year. It includes logins for as many teachers and students at the school as required. Charanga may also have negotiated a local subsidy from the school’s local music education hub.
In areas where Charanga does not have a relationship with the local music hub, pricing is based on pupil numbers:
- £120 pa for < 100 pupils
- £195 pa between 100 to 299 pupils
- £295 pa for 300+ pupils
- Trial Options
- 1 month
Charanga offers a fully functional, access all areas 30-day trial, without need for any credit card details.
Trials are taken out on the school’s behalf, so as many teachers at the school can access the platform as required.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School in Newcastle-under-Lyme describe their experiences using Musical School
Caroline Walton of St Mary’s Catholic Primary School answers questions about the impact that Musical School has had on her school’s music provision.
George Storey of Norbury Manor Primary School, answers questions about the impact that Charanga’s Musical School has had on the school’s music.
Sign up for latest updates
Join the free… https://t.co/KnmY0kUaHz