The best-selling modern resource for primary music
- Membership type
BESA members go through a rigorous set of financial and reputational checks and agree to abide by our Code of Practice.
Musical School is used in over 8,000 primary and special schools and by more than 30,000 primary teachers to provide high-quality music learning right across the school. It is uniquely multifaceted with a modern Scheme of Work for the music curriculum with week-by-week lessons for each year group in the school from ages 5 – 11.
It also houses a vast library of resources to enable specialist and non-specialist teachers to provide exciting, personalised and inclusive music learning for all children containing:-
- songs – a bank of over 500 songs for all occasions, all ages and for all groupings from soloists to massed choirs covering a wide range of styles, cultures and purposes
- topics – collections of songs or related resources linked to popular primary themes such as Ancient Egypt, Minibeasts and Healthy Living. The topics have been divided into age range based on the content but many can be used across the primary sector.
- creative apps – a set of interactive apps to deepen musical knowledge and understanding, enhance music-making as well as support children with the development of their original ideas and musical decision making.
- instrument courses – resources for popular classroom instruments, both percussion and more traditional instruments such as recorders and guitars. These instrument courses enhance and extend learning and can be used as part of the music curriculum or as enrichment activities
- musical productions – these full school musical productions can be used to celebrate key points in the school year such as summer or winter time or festivals like Harvest, Diwali and Christmas. Each production provides everything you need including tracks for learning the songs, backing tracks for the performance, scripts, scores and director guides.
- SEND support – dedicated section containing and SEND scheme of work, a library of bringing lighter bespoke versions of the most popular Charanga resources plus a set of iPad projects to inspire and nurture school-aged composers, improvisers and performers.
- £295 per annum
Musical School is priced per school per year and includes logins for as many teachers/students as required. Charanga may have negotiated a local subsidy from the school’s local music education hub but the maximum the school will pay is £295.
In areas where Charanga does not have a relationship with the local music hub, pricing is based on pupil numbers:
- £120 p.a. for < 100 pupils
- £195 p.a. between 100 to 300 pupils
- £295 p.a. for > 300
- Trial Options
- 1 month
Charanga offers a fully functional, access all areas 30 day trial without need for any credit card details.
Trials are taken out on the schools behalf and so as many of the teachers from the school as needed can access the trial.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School in Newcastle-under-Lyme describe their experiences using Musical School
Caroline Walton of St Mary’s Catholic Primary School answers questions about the impact that Musical School has had on her school’s music provision.
George Storey of Norbury Manor Primary School, answers questions about the impact that Charanga’s Musical School has had on the school’s music.