- Product Type
We’ve used our experience from years of engaging children in maths, and worked closely with teachers, to build a spelling practice tool that is highly engaging, motivating and educationally valuable. Sumdog Spelling helps struggling learners improve their literacy proficiency by engaging them and inspiring them to practise with online gamified learning and real voices.
With Sumdog Spelling, you can quickly and easily provide personalised practice for each of your pupils. Let Sumdog choose words, or create your own custom word lists in just a few clicks. Assign 10 minutes of independent daily practice, as homework or part of your rotations, and we’ll take care of the paperwork and marking, so you can focus on teaching.
Engaging games add variety to spelling practice
- Our 24 different games are well-loved by pupils. They add variety to your existing spelling practice and offer something for every type of learner.
- Continuous positive reinforcement and a built-in reward system keeps pupils motivated.
- Covers 98% of the National Curriculum and 100% of the Fry sight word list
Custom word list practice
- Choose from thousands of words to create your own custom word lists for your class to practise.
- Match them to your weekly word lists and set up practice in advance, for classwork or homework.
- Search for individual words, or search by phonemes, graphemes and spelling rules.
Personalised practice for every pupil
- We make personalisation easy. Our powerful adaptive software automatically personalises practice for every pupil, or you can create your own custom lists from 4,700 words.
- Every child can work at their own level, while playing along with their peers.
- Identify gaps and assess abilities with our online assessments. Like a paper test without the paperwork, and instant real-time marking done for you.
- Pre- and post-testing made easy. No paperwork, no marking, just results.
- £2.60 per pupil
- Trial Options
- 14 days
- Add variety to spelling practice with access to 27 games
- Quickly and easily provide personalised practice for each of your pupils. Let Sumdog choose words, or create your own custom word lists in just a few clicks.
- Identify gaps and assess abilities with online assessments where the marking is done for you.
- QWhat words does Sumdog cover?
- APupils can practise around 4,700 words. This includes 98% of the National Curriculum, and full coverage of the Fry and Dolch sight word lists. Sumdog Spelling is suitable for ages 6-14.
- QDoes every child have to work on the same words?
- ANot at all! Sumdog make personalisation easy by automatically adapting to each pupil. Working at the correct level while working alongside their peers boosts their confidence.
- QCan I choose which words my pupils practise?
- AYes you can! Our easy word search lets you quickly find words from your spelling list for assessments and practice work.